Tuesday, December 4, 2007

In the beginning . . .

. . . there was English teacher. I did that for eight years at Highland Catholic School in St. Paul, MN. Integrating technology was a regular event for the kids and me.

Then the opportunity popped up to be the computer teacher, and I grabbed it. I worked my way up to Technology Coordinator, teaching K-8 computer classes while learning all kinds of fun new things like budget control, network setup, server management, and more.

Along the way I stumbled on the Teaching and Technology Certificate at Hamline University and later the Keyboarding for Computer Applications K-8 additional licensure program, also at Hamline. Eventually I became an adjunct professor in these overlapping programs. From there I became the coordinator of the programs, leading to part time work at Highland Catholic and part time work at Hamline University.

The latest of these new beginnings occurred this fall when I accepted the full time (as in only one job!) position as Educational Technology Coordinator at TIES. Six weeks later, here we are at the annual conference, helping teachers explore the possibilities of blogging.

No comments: